Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Delivering a message without speaking

How do you deliver the message that a product is "easy to use"...or... "user-friendly"? It is easy to say...but saying it really does not deliver the message as effectively as it can be delivered. I have delivered many telephone system demonstrations and developed a method that worked for me...and may work for you.

I figured out what features I wanted to demonstrate and programmed them to be accessible by the fewest button pushes possible...typically one. For example...if I wanted to make a call from extension 301 to extension 302...I could either lift the handset and dial 3 + 0 + 2...or I could press a single button on the phone that has been pre-programmed to dial 302. So...when I was doing a demo...I would say..."we are going to make a call from 301 to 302...let me do that for you now...then I would press a single button and extension 302 would begin to ring. I would do this for feature after feature. At the end of the demo...observers would say..."that is the easiest system to operate I ever saw!" The point is...that I did not say...this system is easy to use...I just operated it many times during the demo. At the end of the demo...if no one pointed out how easy the system was to use...I would call their attention to what they had just seen so that the benefit of ease of use was called to their attention. Bottom line...the message that something is easy to use is something that needs to be experienced...not just spoken about. Excellent Selling!

No comments:

Post a Comment