Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

How to become a "Trusted Advisor"

I have the pleasure of having attained the status of "Trusted Advisor" to thousands of telecommunication professionals and business owners. I am very proud of this accomplishment...and I thought I would pass along my approach to accomplishing this goal. Actually, it was not my formalized, stated goal...it is a by product of my day-to-day business approach. There are many aspects that go into becoming a trusted advisor.
Here is a list of the salient ones...
(I will publish more about each of these in future posts).

Learning your product inside and out (so you can apply it in many environments)
Understanding the problems that it solves (so you can appreciate the value of the product)
Identifying problems in a prospective company (so you can assess the size of the opportunity)
Obtaining confirmation from the prospect that those problems really exist (so you can design and present a solution that has real value and not just "fluff")
Using creativity to design the BEST solution possible (so you don't under value or sell the product short)
Effectively communicating the solution and its benefits [I prefer live demonstrations] (so your messages have maximum impact)
Answer objections...all the way through these processes (so you are not knocked out of consideration)
Make yourself available to people seeking answers and guidance (no explanation required here)
Be responsive (because even the most positive answer to a question has little value if too much time has gone by since the question was asked)
And perhaps the most important one of all...have a goal to never be wrong (so you don't over sell the product and so you can sleep comfortably at night)
I am very proud to say that I am a telecom trusted advisor to thousands of individuals and I look forward to becoming the trusted advisor to many more.

I was born to be a sales engineer!

No comments:

Post a Comment