Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can you take that feature out?

Many people give demos and try to show prospects features that they think are cool. However there is a potential problem if you do this without confirming that they can benefit from that feature before you do the demo. I gave a a demo to a state government agency...I mentioned the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature. After I demonstrated the feature...one of the prospects said "we don't allow state workers to HIDE behind that type of feature...can you remove it?". Fortunately, the system I was representing could disable that feature...but the comment made by the prospect made me realize my mistake...I should have not tried to sell (demonstrate) a feature that they not only saw little benefit in...but actual considered the feature detrimental to their application. I learned a valuable lesson and I hope that by passing this on you will be able to avoid the same mistake. Excellent Selling!

No comments:

Post a Comment