Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Where did the Parking Orbit feature come from?

I was "baby sitting" a newly designed phone system at a bank in Connecticut. I came in on a Monday and the bank vice president told me that he was alone in the bank on Saturday morning when a lady called in and asked for her bank balance. He had used the Night Answer feature to answer the incoming call on the analog phone at his desk. He put the receiver down and walked to the back of the bank to the filing cabinet where the statement details were (on index cards). Then he walked back to his desk at the front of the bank and gave the number to the lady. Then she said..."thank you...what is my husband's balance"? The VP had to put his receiver down and again walk to the back of the bank. The VP said to me..."it would be great if there was a way to move the call from the phone in my office to the phone by the filing cabinet. Perhaps by dialing a code of some kind". I immediately saw the benefit that a feature like this would have for this and many future users. I brought the idea back to the owner of the PBX manufacturing company and he agreed with the need. He said..."so it is like the call is parked somewhere...where there is no phone associated with it...like it is orbiting within the system". immediately suggested the name for the feature and instructed the designer to write the necessary software code. And that is where the Parking Orbit came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment