Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Importance of Attitude

I am known as "Mr. Excellent".  This is because every time someone asks me how I am doing...the response they get from me is "Excellent"!  I developed this immediate, positive response that is a true reflection of my attitude because of three events that happened many years ago.  The first event: I was walking down the street in New York City and saw a man on the sidewalk near an intersection sitting on a board with wheels (because he had lost his legs).  He had a cup in front of him so people could contribute to his well being.  As I crossed the intersection I thought about my life and realized that I was having a comparatively "Excellent" day.  The second event: Early in my career, I worked for a company that had financial difficulties and started to have some personnel turn over.  Many people in the organization would make negative comments to each other about what was happening and about almost everything in general.  Eventually I resigned from that company.  The third event: I was recruited by a company that was dong well and observed that people's conversations were generally very positive.  This third event is when I put it all together.  I realized that both negative and positive attitudes feed on each other...they are highly contagious.  I realized how much my attitude can impact others.  I realized I wanted to be a contributor to the positiveness in a workplace...not the negativity.  And I thought back to the guy on the board in NYC and realized that...not only am I excellent...everyone around me would benefit from hearing me verbalize it.  Even the face of great challenges...I respond to the question..."How are you doing?"...with the truly honest answer..."I am Excellent"!!  This attitude has not only changed my life...it also positively changed the lives of people around me.  It helps to create to a "can do spirit" and leads to great accomplishments.  I am proud to know that I have been a major contributor to the growth of positive attitudes. A positive attitude will not only lead to great sales accomplishments...it will lead to great interpersonal relationships and overall happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment