Learn more about how I can possibly help you at: www.linkedin.com/in/bkundra

30 Second Commercial ...

I am proud to have the honor of being a “trusted advisor” to thousands of telecom decision makers. I am known for my ability to learn new products and technologies quickly and for my ability to influence others to follow. I know how to ask the right questions and how to listen…and identify true customer needs. I have a reputation for excellence in delivering presentations and demonstrations. Telecom products excite me and I have a gift for being able to transfer my excitement to others. My goals are to help customers get the most value from UC/Telecom products...to help my employer grow sales revenue…and to be the best sales engineer in the industry.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Why do you do what you do?

I am currently in a job transition.  As I search for a sales engineering opportunity, I have done a lot of introspection and identified many of my excellent accomplishments.  I have attempted to articulate them in my resume and profiles.  These accomplishments are "What" I have done.  I am often asked during employment interviews...questions about these accomplishments.  Interviewers are focusing on "What" I have done.  I have rarely been asked "How" I do certain tasks.  For example..."How do you learn?"  This is a great question because it tells the hiring manager a bit about how I approach this important subject.  And a question I have never been asked is..."Why do you do what you do?" I think it is a great question...because this question addresses motivation.  I have thought a lot about "Why I do what I do?"  The answer is best described by an unsolicited, heart-felt phrase I use frequently..."I was born to be a sales engineer!"  I am so lucky to have this "gift" and so lucky to have identified it very early in my career.  This motivation source has resulted in many outstanding accomplishments and is the difference between doing a good job and doing an excellent job.  I hope to join an organization that can benefit from these gifts for many years.  I wrote this blog in the hope that readers can benefit from applying this concept to their own challenges.  For example, branding has become important concept in social media and all interactions.  Your brand might be related to..."Why do you do what you do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment